Apply ForVISA to France
India and Nepal
Is applicable in case you are traveling to visit your friends/relatives. This visa is given for travel of less than 90 days.
- Original passport valid for a minimum period of three months after the expiry date of the visa (passports issued more than ten years ago are no longer accepted)* and 1 old passport if applicable plus one copy of the first and last page of the current passport. The passport should have 2 blank pages
- One application form with all columns filled in, 2 signatures and contact number is mandatory and 2 recent photographs not older than 6 months. The photograph must measure 35 mm in width by 45 mm in length. The length of face must be 32 to 36 mm from bottom of chin to the top of the skull (Besides hair), that is, the face coverage has to be 60-70 % of the photo.
- Original covering letter
- Copy of confirmed hotel reservation OR *attestation d'accueil (Proof of Accommodation) with invitation letter in original is compulsory if invited by friends or family member. Hotel booking should be for the whole stay in the Schengen area
- Copy of itinerary prepared by the travel agency (only for those going on tour) and a tour payment receipt by the travel agency if taking a tour
- Copy of last3 years personal IT Returns
- Copy of last 3 months personal bank statements (Updated)
- Copy of last 3 months salary slips.
- Copy of overseas medical insurance policy + repatriation, evacuation cover (equivalent to 30000 euros). For the list of authorized companies, click here
- Copy of return air ticket or PNR (booking printout) and also internal tickets including stay in France if applicable
The documents must be arranged in the order given above.
*attestation d'accueil (Proof of Accommodation) can be obtained in any city from the local town hall in France.Note:
Since July 2013, French authorities have decided to facilitate travel to France for all Indian citizens who have studied in France. From then, all Indian citizens residing in India who have graduated from a French higher education institution subsequently applying for a tourist or business short stay visa for a trip to France, will be given a visa with a long period of validity – up to five years (subject to passport validity date) if the studies in France were at the Master or PhD levels.
- Employed applicants to submit a letter from the employer with details of employment and leave (Leave sanction letter)
- A self-employed applicant to submit proof of business i.e. firm’s registration or partnership deed.
- Copy of refusal letter in case of any previous refusals from any country
- Unemployed applicants and students can submit their spouse / parents financial papers and a letter of employment or business.
- Copy of marriage certificate wherever necessary for eg. if wife's passport is in maiden name
- Students must submit a school certificate / identity card
- Minors, if traveling with one parent / none of the parents, NOC is required from the other parent / both parents in the form of an affidavit on a stamp paper.
- Each application must be supported by a copy of the requisite documents. If you have received a fax you must photocopy the same and attach it to your application.
- You may be asked to show your original documents at the time of your interview. Therefore please carry your original documents with you.
- All photocopies must be in black and white and on A4 size paper
- Applicants going for honeymoon purpose need to submit a copy of their wedding card.
- No visa will be issued on additional pages
- Children must travel on their individual passports
- All photocopies must be in A4 size paper.