Apply ForVISA to France
India and Nepal
|Beware of fraudulent job offers|
VFS GLOBAL is a service provided by VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd.
VFS GLOBAL is an outsource partner of the Consulate General of France in Pondicherry. In this capacity VFS GLOBAL is responsible for scheduling of appointments for submitting visa applications at the Consulate General, collecting the processed passports from the Consulate General of France in Pondicherry and returning the passport back to the applicant.
Note: There are circumstances where in, the Consulate General of France in Pondicherry will handover the passport to the Applicants directly.
VFS GLOBAL is not liable for any delay in processing or rejection of the visa application. Whilst every precaution is taken while handling the passport of Applicants, due to unforeseen events and circumstances, the passport be lost in transit by accident, theft, natural calamities (act of god) or any other reason, VFS GLOBAL will not be liable or responsible in any manner to the Applicant for the same.
It is expressly understood that when the applicant or representative of the applicant avails the services of VFS GLOBAL, the applicant has understood the terms, conditions and details here in.
Advertising material may accompany along the passport back to the applicant. If the applicant does not wish to receive any advertising material along with the passport, the applicant must intimate the VFS GLOBAL in advance. Please note that no advertising material sent back with the passport has the endorsement of the France Government.
No employee of VFS GLOBAL may change / amend / amplify the conditions mentioned herein.
For all claims, disputes of whatsoever nature, the courts in Chennai shall alone have jurisdiction.
VFS Global Services (P) Ltd,
Tower A, 9th Floor,urmi Estate
Ganpatrao Kadam Marg
Lower Parel (W)
Short Messaging Services Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions
- The Short Messaging Service (‘SMS’) provided to Visa Applicants is to update on current status to the applicant with regards to Visa application process. The information provided by SMS is based on the information provided by The Consulate General of France in Pondicherry. While VFS GLOBAL ensures that information is made available to the visa applicant promptly and accurately, the Visa Applicant shall at all times be responsible for providing and maintaining an SMS text compatible mobile phone number where VFS GLOBAL can send text messages regarding the status of the Visa Application to the Visa Applicant. The Visa Applicant is responsible for ensuring connection to a mobile network capable of receiving the SMS Services. The Visa Applicant understands that if The Visa Applicant ‘s mobile phone is switched off, disconnected for any reasons or is out of coverage for a period of 24 hours or more, The Visa Applicant’s mobile network provider may delete any SMS messages to be received by The Visa Applicant.
- The time to deliver the SMS is dependent on several factors such as upon the traffic on the mobile network and whether The Visa Applicant mobile phone is within reach and switched on and cannot therefore be guaranteed by VFS GLOBAL. VFS GLOBAL is not a mobile network operator and does not guarantee the delivery of SMS text messages.
- The Visa Applicant confirms that the Visa Applicant has provided the accurate mobile number for receiving SMS and that the Visa Applicant is the owner or its legitimate user, or that the Visa Applicant has the consent of the owner or legitimate user, of the mobile phone using for the Services. The Visa Applicant acknowledges that using another person's mobile phone/providing inaccurate mobile phone number/unauthorized use of mobile phone number for receiving the SMS may entail disclosure of Visa Applicant ‘s confidential information which disclosure shall be at the sole risk of the Visa Applicant
- The Services, once purchased, will be available to the Visa Applicant from the time of application till complete processing of the application or such other period as VFS GLOBAL may advise via our website located at www.vfs-france.co.in. VFS GLOBAL reserves the right to withdraw this service at any time and without notice.
- The Visa Applicant must not use (or permit any third party to use) the SMS Service to send any message or communication which is Spam, illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or infringes the rights of third parties. VFS GLOBAL reserves the right to withdraw the SMS service to such Visa Applicant if The Visa Applicant is in breach of this paragraph 4. VFS GLOBAL may also withdraw the Services if VFS GLOBAL in its sole discretion apprehends that the SMS service is being used for such purposes.
- For operational reasons VFS GLOBAL may vary the technical specification of the Services with or with out notice. In the event of any change to the Service these Terms and Conditions is to be treated as varied accordingly.
- The Visa Applicant acknowledges that the SMS Services may, at any time, be adversely affected by problems with The Visa Applicant mobile phone network, force majeure events including, without limitation, interference to the network coverage. VFS GLOBAL is not responsible or liable to The Visa Applicant for any loss, damage or expenses incurred directly or indirectly by The Visa Applicant as a result of any difficulties experienced by the Visa Applicant‘s mobile phone service provider. Subject to the constraints described within this paragraph 7, VFS GLOBAL shall carry out the services with reasonable care and skill
- If The Visa Applicant does not receive SMS relating to these Services. the Visa Applicant should inform VFS GLOBAL through email or Helpline numbers.
- The SMS service delivers the Visa Application Status based on the information received by VFS GLOBAL from The Consulate General of France in Pondicherry.
- To use the Services, The Visa Applicant should refer to the instructions available on the www.vfs-france.co.in website. The Visa Applicant agrees to comply with all instructions we may give concerning the Services, including any security instructions. We will be entitled to treat any failure by Visa Applicant themselves to comply with these instructions as a breach of these Terms and Conditions, which will entitle us to deny Visa Applicant access to the Services.
- The Visa Applicant is responsible for paying charges for the message origination. Charges once paid for SMS service will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The Visa Applicant shall at its sole risk be responsible for taking all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorized persons gaining access to the Services.
- While VFS GLOBAL takes every precaution transmission of information to transmit information. VFS GLOBAL shall not be responsible or liable for any unforeseen events and circumstances beyond the reasonable control of VFS GLOBAL.
- VFS GLOBAL may in its sole discretion temporarily suspend the provision of the Services if such provision could materially affect the quality of any telecommunications service, including the Services, provided by VFS GLOBAL.
- VFS GLOBAL specifically excludes all liability of any kind (including negligence) in respect of any third party information or other material made available on, or which can be accessed using SMS text services.
- This Terms and Conditions is governed by the law of India and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in West/South, India.
- No Liability for Postal and Courier Service
VFS Global shall have no liability for any delays, or for loss of or damage to any visa application, passport or other documents, caused by, or occurring whilst any application, passport or document is in the possession of, any third party postal or courier service, including transportation of visa applications, passport or other documents between VFS Global and French Consulate Puducherry and when being returned by VFS Global to the visa applicant.
- Collection of data
The privacy and protection of personal data is very important to VFS GLOBAL, including all its other brands and affiliates (hereinafter). VFS GLOBAL complies with any mandatory data protection legislation when collecting and processing personal data. Whenever you are in the process of applying for SMS Service through a visa application centre we may collect and store (subject to Embassy guidelines), as the case may be, the following information: Your Full Name, Your Mobile Number & Email id, Your Language Preference of SMS, and the country for which you have applied for a VISA for the purposes of processing your visa application.
- Disclosure to third parties
In accordance with all mandatory data protection legislation your data may be disclosed to third parties processing data on behalf of VFS GLOBAL. In this context your data may also be transferred abroad. Your data may be disclosed within VFS GLOBAL to other than the collecting entity. Data may be used by these other VFS GLOBAL entities to the same extent as the collecting VFS GLOBAL entity is entitled to use it. Your data is treated as confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties, save for the purpose of VFS GLOBAL fulfilling its contractual obligations vis-à-vis you, or if required under mandatory law, particularly if requested by the competent authorities or for the purpose of enforcing VFS GLOBAL’s rights.
- Use of data
Collected data will be processed in good faith and will be used in order to transmit your Visa Application status via SMS & Email. We do not intend to use your information for any other purpose, except that if you have given consent, we may use your information for the purposes of sending you related marketing information (such as airline advertisements), which is normally included by us when we return your passport to you and/or sent to you by e-mail if you have given us an e-mail address for that purpose. You can always refuse to receive such offers and information for which you may please contact VFS GLOBAL France Visa Application Centre, Old No 2 New No 3 Sadasivam street, Gopalapuram Chennai-600086 Your information is held by us in the computer server(s) located in UK, London and India, Mumbai. It will also be accessed and held by our affiliates currently based in India
Purpose of collection, use, disclosure etc. of Personal Information
Applicants may be required to provide certain information pertaining to them such as name, photograph, address, date of birth, telephone number, passport information, birth certificate, income, citizenship status, marital status, employment details, criminal and educational background information etc. This information is collected as per the requirement mandated by the concerned Diplomatic Missions / Governments and/ or relevant Visa Offices.
Such personal information may be collected, used or disclosed in order to facilitate the processing of visa application(s) and/or request(s) including but not limited to for the following purposes:
- Process applications received for requests for various categories of visa, permit and travel documents etc. and perform various tasks/ functions related thereto;
- Respond to various inquiries on the visa application submission process in general.
- Respond to various inquiries regarding status of application made with VFS GLOBAL;
- Provide/ offer any other services as per requirements of the respective Governments /Diplomatic Missions.
As mandated by the Diplomatic Mission/s, VFS GLOBAL may (by itself of through third party service providers/ vendors) provide various facilities for inquiries related visa application process in general and/ or status of visa applications submitted through VFS GLOBAL such as call center, online tracking, e-mail etc.
- Inquiry about general visa application process:
Users making inquiries as regards visa application process in general, need not provide any personal information.
- Inquiry about status of submitted visa application/s:
Users making inquiries as regards status of visa application submitted through VFS GLOBAL can quote application reference number to receive an update on the status of their visa, permit or travel document applications.
The users may be requested to provide personal information such as given name or family name or date of birth or phone number or street address or email address or application date etc. or combination of such information for verification/ authentication purposes.
- Users making inquiries as regards visa application process however should not ask or reveal the passport number or personal information while interacting via email with VFS GLOBAL and/or its third party service providers/ vendors. Instead use of application reference number is recommended. VFS GLOBAL shall not be obliged to respond to e-mails containing personal information. In case any personal information is disclosed, the same shall be at the sole risk of the Users/ applicants and VFS GLOBAL will not be in any manner responsible for any events of misuse etc.
Certain Diplomatic Missions may require the Applicant’s to attend for personal interview. Applicants will be required to provide their application reference number and/or certain personal information such as family name, given name, date of birth, phone number, street address, email address, application date, and passport number for purpose of scheduling interviews.
All such information, posted, furnished and submitted by the Applicants while scheduling an interview appointment is converted into such formats as may be required and communicated to the respective Diplomatic Mission having jurisdiction to receive such application/s.
Certain data and information related to visa applications received by VFS GLOBAL is presently stored/ hosted at data centre/s in UK (London) and India (Mumbai). The data captured by VFS Global in its systems for processing of visa applications of applicants from European Union is stored within the European Union (EU) boundary. The data of applicants other than that from EU may be stored in VFS Global systems either within the EU boundary at data center in UK (London) or at data center in India (Mumbai).
This information may be used, disclosed by VFS GLOBAL for performing its various obligations towards respective Diplomatic Missions and will be purged within 30 (thirty) days from the date of receipt by VFS GLOBAL. However no information/ data containing Personal Information of the Applicant/s is stored at the data centre/s mentioned above.
Disclosures of Personal Information:
VFS GLOBAL will not trade, rent or sell personal information of the Applicants. VFS GLOBAL does disclose or otherwise transfer Personal Information of the Applicants, except as otherwise set out herein. Personal Information will be used only for the purposes of providing services and performing its various obligations.
However VFS GLOBAL may need to disclose and share Personal Information when it is necessary to comply with a court order, any on-going judicial proceeding, or other legal, statutory or regulatory process served on VFS GLOBAL or to exercise the legal rights or defend against legal claims, criminal investigations, judicial matters or in prevention, investigation, detection, prosecution of criminal activities or matters related to national security.
Service Provider Arrangements: VFS GLOBAL may disclose (or otherwise make available) personal information to third party service providers providing services like courier delivery, SMS, call center services. These third party service providers are provided with such information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes. For example, where the visa applicant has opted for courier service, VFS GLOBAL will disclose certain Personal data such as name, address, phone number to the third party courier service providers. However personal information will not be shared with service provider/s for SMS service/s. Such third party service providers are also required to adhere to security & privacy requirements as outlined by VFS GLOBAL.
|The cookies help website users and maintain their signed-in status.|
|Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from website user’s hard drive at the end of a session when the applicant/user exits the website. However “Persistent cookies” remain in place across multiple visits to our websites.|
|Applicant/ website user may encounter cookies from any links of third parties on certain pages of the website that VFS GLOBAL does not control.|
|VFS GLOBAL does not tolerate spam.|
|VFS GLOBAL website/s or communication tools shall not be used to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate the terms and conditions of VFS GLOBAL user agreement.|
|VFS GLOBAL filters and automatically scans messages for viruses and other illegal or prohibited content before they are sent.|
|To report any issues related to spam or spoof emails to VFS GLOBAL, please address e-mails to email@example.com.|
|VFS GLOBAL does not permanently store email messages sent to or by it through various formats. VFS GLOBAL does not rent or sell any email addresses to third parties.|
|A user/users is/are not licensed, permitted, expected to add, modify, deface, hack, misuse or abuse VFS GLOBAL’ website or the contents therein.|
VFS GLOBAL has implemented measures designed to help protect personal information in its custody and control. VFS GLOBAL maintains reasonable administrative, technical, physical and organizational safeguards in an effort to protect personal information in its custody and control. However VFS GLOBAL shall not be liable for unlawful access, use, modification, destruction, destruction or interceptions by unauthorized persons.
Retention and Destruction of Personal Information:
Application packages collected from Applicants will not be copied or retained by VFS GLOBAL. Unless otherwise mandated by the concerned Diplomatic Mission, any other paper, hard copies, forms or other records containing personal information will be destroyed by a secure shredding process within thirty (30) days of a passport’s return to an applicant.
For the purposes of assisting the Applicants should they contact VFS GLOBAL with follow-up queries, Applicant personal information may be retained in electronic form, after passport and/or documents have been returned to the Applicants, for a maximum of thirty (30) days or for such period as specified by the respective Governments/ Diplomatic Missions.
VFS GLOBAL performs secure disposal or destruction of personal information on the equipment or devices used for storing personal information. When disposing of equipment or devices used for storing personal information (such as filing cabinets, computers, diskettes, and audio tapes), VFS GLOBAL takes appropriate measures such as to removal or deletion of any stored information to prevent access by unauthorized parties.
VFS GLOBAL and its third party service providers/ vendors may provide personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry pursuant to contravention of law / order or to an investigative body or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law VFS GLOBAL may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or a defense of legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by law .
Third Party Links
VFS GLOBAL website may contain links to other/ third party sites promoting various products and/or services that VFS GLOBAL does not own or operate. These links to websites are in nature of paid advertising are not verified by VFS GLOBAL. These links are provided for convenience access to these links is voluntary and does not indicate that VFS GLOBAL endorses or is associated with any of these other third party websites. Users are requested to use their own discretion which dealing with these websites and neither VFS GLOBAL nor its officers, employees, agents shall have any responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for these other third party websites or any information contained in them.
To Personal Information
Applicant/s have right to their personal information provided by them. Users may request access to their personal information by writing an email to the Info email ID mentioned on the “Contact Us” page with subject line as “Subject Access Request”. This request will be forwarded to the respective Governments/Diplomatic Missions since they are the data controllers and further action will be taken by VFS GLOBAL based on the directions received by the respective Governments/Diplomatic Missions.
VFS GLOBAL shall not be responsible to ascertain authenticity or accuracy of the information provided by the Applicant. It shall be the duty of the Applicant to ensure that the information provided to VFS GLOBAL is accurate, complete and upto date.
Beware of fraudulent job offers
Fraudulent Recruitment / Employment Offers
It has come to VFS Global’s attention that, individuals misrepresenting themselves as VFS Global’ agents or representatives have approached people to offer fraudulent/fictitious employment opportunities, with the intent to steal personal information or solicit money from people. We encourage you to exercise caution and common sense when receiving any such employment offer, which requires payment of any fees/money, or promises a work visa in exchange for money. The said offers are completely fake and not valid. VFS Global is not a Recruitment agency and does not offer recruitment services. Scammers operate primarily via the internet, email, phone etc. We warn people to beware of such scams.
Please be advised that, VFS Global is a visa processing company and we work only with government and diplomatic missions to fulfil their administrative requirements of visa application processing. Neither VFS Global nor its representatives will ask for money from individuals under any circumstances to lure them with employment opportunities either in VFS Global or outside. If you receive any offer that purports to be from VFS Global, which ask for money, these types of offers are fraudulent.
Warning signs of recruitment fraud
The following are some examples of recruitment fraud which are in violation of VFS Global’s processes and ethical practices:
- The email is not sent from an official VFS Global e-mail address but from a free e-mail service such as: Hotmail, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. It is also possible that, the email is sent from a fake email address.
- You are asked to disclose private or confidential information.
- You are asked to be interviewed over the phone or via an instant-messenger type program.
- You are requested to pay fees/money.
- You are requested to complete bogus recruitment documentations such as an application or employment visa forms, (the VFS Global name and logo could be forged/fabricated and featured on the documentation without authority).
- Insistence on urgency.
- Money will be requested for processing Work Permits, Visa applications or the like.
Such actions are presumably intended to defraud or obtain personal information from the victims.
The activities of these individuals involve criminal and civil liabilities. While VFS Global takes such matter seriously and reserves its right to contact competent law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute such illegal activities, it is often difficult to locate and prosecute these individuals.
Therefore, if you receive a request, either in writing or verbally, for an interview or a job offer that you believe is or might be fraudulent or suspicious, please disregard them. You may also verify the same with VFS Global at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you come to know that a fraud is being perpetrated, we encourage to forthwith contact your local police and/or any competent authorities and also to keep us informed by reporting the fraud at email@example.com
Under no circumstances will VFS Global be liable or responsible for any loss, damages, expenses or inconvenience resulting from these unauthorized persons and/or activities.